Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home

As most of you know I love decorating. I won't claim to be any good at it but I just love painting the walls, hanging pictures, grouping, etc.... I have had a few people roll their eyes at my attention to detail as if it is all a vain endeavor to have the "perfect house". I admit like almost all women I have my struggles with vanity and trying to obtain total perfection but my home really has nothing to do with that.

I love to decorate my home because it is where our life happens. The most important moments we have as a family happen within the walls of, now, 689 Springfield Drive and I want it to be a place of beauty. You know the feeling you get when you walk into the cutest little coffee shop? A beautifully decorated hotel room? When you see a beautiful Christmas tree? We are all attracted to beautiful things. We feel a sense of peace and calm when we are in a beautiful place. And I think the home should be no different! Actually, the home should be the place where we feel the most peace and calm.

So, I do pay attention to the details in my home. Because, with each detail, I think about the people that will be blessed by them and the happy memories we will have with these details as the backdrop. I am not saying that having  a perfectly decorated home is the most important thing in the world. But, I do stand by my choice to attempt to make our home a beautiful place. And luckily for me I get to have the full time job of "homemaker" and intend to do just that... make our house a home.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you live on Springfield Drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right ON sister!! :) You have a beautiful house, and you are a GREAT decorator!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautifully decorated table! I would really like to build up a collection of pretty cloth napkins, table cloths, and place settings. For now, I'm focusing on just keeping the table cleared off when not in use. : )

    ReplyDelete