Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Day Off

My wonderful mother offered to give me a day off this week! So, on Wednesday I dropped my kiddos off at her house at 9am and got to have the whole day kid free! It was wonderful!

My first stop was St. Louis Bread Co. where I got a cup of coffee and got to have some beautiful uninterrupted quiet time. I sat with my Bible and prayer list and just soaked it all in. It was wonderful!

Then I headed to Clayton to have lunch with my husband! He took me to a resteraunt I had never been to before and when I got there he suprised me with tickets to the Toby Mac/Chris Tomlin concert next week! I was stoked! We had so much fun chatting and enjoying each other. Then we walked down the street to Starbucks and got a cup of coffee before Nick needed to head back to work.

Then I got to come home and take an afternoon nap before heading out to pick up the kids. It was a perfectly lovely day! It was so relaxing and the quality time with my husband was priceless!

I am always amazed at how giving and loving my family is. They are so willing to help us out when we need it and even when we don't ask. They truly teach me what it is to serve and love and I just hope I can pass that on to my children as well. I look forward to the day I am able to suprise my daughter and daughters-in-law with days off too!

2 comments: