Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

This post really doesn't have anything to do with shopping! But, everyone calls today Black Friday so I thought I would go with it. Actually, Nick and I kind of stay away from Black Friday sales. After hearing about people being killed in large crowds of shoppers we just decided that it wasn't something we wanted to be a part of. Plus for me, something just doesn't feel right about giving thanks all day one day and then waking up at the crack of dawn, standing in long lines in order to CONSUME the very next day. But, I totally get that people want to save money on Christmas gifts and score great deals. So, no judgment here! Just for me, I would rather spend the day cozy at home! Which is exactly what I have spent the day doing.

Thanksging yesterday was wonderful! I did most of my cooking on Wednesday so most of Thanksgiving morning was spent munching on cinnamon bread and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my crew. We had lunch at noon and our friends joined us and we had a wonderful meal. Natalie brought several side dishes and the pies and it was all fabulous! We had a great time and are so glad they could join us! The rest of the day of course was spent napping, watching football, playing Wii, and having a great time together!

I am just loving that today is only Friday and my hubby will be home with us for the rest of the weekend! Daddy time is AWESOME! I am hoping to get a little of my Christmas shopping done online during the next few days and continue to relax as we get ready for the business leading up to Christmas! Even when trying to "keep it simple" I know that my days leading up to Christmas will be filled with our Ladies Dessert Gala at church (my friend Natalie and I are hosting and decorating a table), Paren't Night Out at church (praise Jesus!), family get togethers, wrapping presents, etc. I really go LOVE this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment