Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratitude

Today our pastor preached a sermon on gratitude. It was awesome. Especially right after Thanksgiving. Our church is currently doing a sermon series called "Abandon" and the title of today's sermon was "Abandon Entitlement". It isn't up today but soon it should be so if you want to hear the sermon go here, http://www.calvaryonline.cc/page.asp?sid=1&page=554 . My absolute favorite quote from the sermon was "gratitude not expressed is percieved as ingratitude or entitlement". That totally hit home with me. I can totally relate to feeling unappreciated and it made me realize how often I forget to show gratitude to Christ. How often I feel entitled. I remember when we first moved to St. Louis and I didn't have any friends. I prayed and prayed for months that God would please give me just one friend! Soon, in His perfect timing God began putting some amazing women in my life and I now feel like I have several very good friends. But, I rarely thank God for blessing me. As soon as I had a few friends I began to feel entitled to having friends. I want to change this about myself. I want to have a grateful heart, not just during the month of Thanksgiving but all the time. I am so thankful for our church and our pastor. I guess maybe I should express that to them? Hmm...

Here are a few of the people I am most grateful for right now. And, today I am making sure to let them know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment