Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I am thankful for!

I LOVE Thanksgiving so much! I have been posting what I am thankful for on Facebook everyday this month. It has been fun and a good practice to look for the joy in each day. I saw on a friend's blog that she listed 100 things she is thankful for! I was impressed! I could definitly think of 100 things! But, for times sake, I think I will list 15 things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving!

1. Jesus. He saved me and has blessed me when I didn't deserve any of it! Everything on this list is because of Him!
2. My husband. This Thanksgiving our marriage is stronger than it has ever been. Nick loves me sacraficially and I could not have asked for a better husband, best friend, and partner to raise a family with!

3. Max, my sweet first born. Max has been a challenge sometimes this year but he is growing up so much and has the best heart. He loves one on one time, animals, super heros, being loud, playing rough... he is all boy and I love him for it! He is also an amazing older brother and it has been neat to see him step up even more into that role over the past few months.

4. My Sophie Girl! I was never one of those people that had to have a daughter but God knew just what I needed. Sophie is girly, sassy, strong-willed, and makes us laugh everyday. We are so blessed to have her in our family.

5. Our little Jack. We just love him so much! He is the sweetest baby and our whole family is just head over heels for him. He truly is such a perfect addition to our family! I can't wait to see his personality form over this next year!

6. Our home. We have lived here a little over a year now and we love it so much! I believe this house was totally a gift from God and we are so thankful for it. I don't think a week goes by that either Nick or I don't say, "I love our house".
7. Our church. It took us a long time to find a church home here but now that we have we really feel at home! We are so blessed to be making new friends, learning, and worshipping in a place we love.
8. Living close to family. I can't say it enough but it is awesome! My kids get to see their grandparents at least once a week. They have amazing relationships with their grandparents, great grandma, and aunt and soon to be uncle and my extended family. Plus, free babysitting never hurt anyone either!
9. My sister moving to St. Louis this year. It is not only awesome to have our whole family living in the same area but getting to hang out and be friends with my sister is just awesome. And her fiance is pretty awesome too! We love getting together for dinners and game nights! And our kids love it too of course!
10. Our new friends here. Making friends was one of the absolute hardest parts about moving here and it took a long time. I now have some amazing girlfriends that I love and have so much in common with. I love living life with them and they have taught me so much since I have been here! What an answer to prayer they are!
11. Our friends from Springfield. Even though we aren't geographically close I love that I can still count on them and that they are still basically a part of our family! I love that we pick up where we left off whenever we see each other.
12. Friends from highschool. I love that I get to stay in touch with friends from high school because of the phone and of course Facebook! I also love getting to see people I knew in high school as mommys now! It really is a sort of sorority that just brings us all together.
13. Getting to stay at home full time. I feel beyond blessed that I get to stay at home with my kids and don't have to try to juggle a job too. I love that my husband encourages me to stay at home and doesn't want me to ever work unless I want to.

14. Friend2Friend. Our women's Bible study at our church is what really got me connected after we moved here and it still blesses me every week!
15. Coffee. Yep, can't leave that one out! I love it and it makes me happy everyday!
(Photos taken by Under Grace Photography)

1 comment:

  1. i love the pictures! i could say the same things about luke and chloe that you have written about max and sophie. it'll be interesting to see what our youngest boys add to our families won't it? happy thanksgiving, ramseys!

    ReplyDelete