Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday afternoon...

After kind of a hard afternoon I decided I needed to refocus on what I am thankful for (in the spirit of reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. If you don't have it, stop reading now and go order it, AMAZING stuff)

1. the view out my back door that makes me feel like I live in the country
2. the way my husband's voice sounded happier when I told him I was just calling to say "hi"
3. "R" monograms everywhere in my house
4. Brother Bear's huge hazel eyes peeking over a pile of super heros set up on the dining room table
5. the way Brother Bear says "smow" instead of "snow" and "smeeze" instead of "sneeze"
6. Sister Bear's long hair
7. Baby Bear's huge open mouth smiles
8. the white comforter on my bed
9. the fact that I have a mini-van
10. a mom, sister, and grandma who are all the best friends a girl could ever ask for
11. shopping at Dierburgs
12. the coffee the hubs makes sure I have every morning
13. that Christmas cards hanging on my door that I can't bring myself to put away
14. ties hanging up on his side of the closet
15. superheros AND princess stuff everywhere
16. two girlfriends who chat with me on the phone almost daily
17. that he found my cell phone
18. slippers
19. a china cabinet with glasses in lots of shapes and sizes
20. how girly Sister Bear is
21. how Brother Bear knows the names of all the dinosaurs
22. how Baby Bear hardly ever cries
23. 5 nights in a row of sleeping through the night
24. a phone call from North Africa yesterday letting me know everything is okay
25. there are only two more hours until the hubs walks through the door

What's on your list today?

No comments:

Post a Comment