Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday...

I have been trying to put together a blog post for almost a week now and I keep starting and deleting them. Sometimes there is just so much to say that it feels like you can't say anything. So, excuse this very random, unorganized post... but then, that is me most of the time... random and unorganized! 

So, I need to start out by saying that I am going to try much harder to be a little more "real" in my blog. I know we all want to put our best foot forward and that has certainly been my intention with this blog. But, the past few weeks I have found myself unsubscribing to a lot of blogs because I just couldn't handle reading how perfect and together everyone else seems to have it! It was giving me a major complex, and who needs that?? Ha! So, let me know if I am still coming off that way. I am going to really try not to! Overall I am a pretty happy person, but some days you just have to call a spade a spade! It doesn't mean we aren't thankful for what we have or that we don't have joy... it just means that sometimes people have hard days, weeks, seasons... and I want to be honest about that. Now, with that said I don't like to be TOO personal so I am not saying that I will share everything for the sake of honesty, but I don't want to give people the wrong impression of my life... which honestly, is pretty messy sometimes! 

So! We celebrated my birthday this weekend which I am SO thankful for because on my actual birthday my husband was super sick and I wasn't feeling 100% amazing by the end of the day either.

Saturday we had a little family party for me and my momma to celebrate our birthdays. Almost the whole more clan (minus Uncle Ed, Lauren, and Blake) was in attendance and I got some stellar gifts! A Home Depot gift card, a Massage Envy gift card, a bottle of wine, Pyrex glass storage containers, and a Cuisinart Food Processor! Oh yes! I was THRILLED! I have been coveting wanting one for a loooong time! Then Saturday night we went out with my sis and soon to-be-brother in law to Kitaro (a Japanese steakhouse place). It was pretty good and fun to be out as grown-ups. Then we all came home and watched The Big Bang Theory... and I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch. Was I turning 27 or 87? Ha!

On my actual birthday I woke up to my husband-o telling me he had a fever. Thankfully the big kids had Mom's Day Out and my friend Heather invited me over for lunch so we cleared out and he was able to get some rest. We made pink pancakes for dinner and finished off Valentine's Day all feeling a little under the weather :-(

Today was Friend2Friend day. I have a love/hate relationship with Friend2Friend day. It is mostly love. But, I am almost always guranteed that getting there will feel like a climb up Mt. Everest with at least one of the children. And today was no exception. In fact, both of my big children were screaming when I dropped them off. Just delightful! But, I think they were both just fine within seconds of me leaving because they were both perfectly happy when I picked them up. Of course! But, let me just say, I am SO excited about the class I am taking!! It is Discipleship 101 and I just already feel like this is going to be SO good for me! Just this week I was thinking about how I am in such a Christian bubble and I hardly ever talk to people who aren't Christians... and then our small group discussion today was all about that very topic! Plus, the women in my small group are all just amazing and I feel like we can be totally real with each other. I can't wait to go back next week... even if it means dropping off three screaming kids, I will be there!

I will leave you with a few recent pics! Because we all know, that is why most of you come anyway! Have a great Wednesday!




3 comments:

  1. Katie! I totally agree about the "life's not always perfect" blog approach. I have done the same thing with a few blogs that I felt just weren't real. And, I'm jealous about your food processor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Ramsey!! This is a super cool post!!! You are an amazing woman. so pumped to be doing discipliship with you..it's ALL about being real girl! you go!!!!

    ReplyDelete