Monday, June 20, 2011

Fabulous Fathers' Day and {Red Velvet Waffles Recipe}

So, how do you celebrate someone who gives you so much? It is a CHALLENGE let me tell you.  I have to stop and {gush} about how wonderful the hubs is. He is such a wonderful husband and dad. He takes such good care of us. And he is super fun! The perfect combo!

So... when it came to celebrating such an awesome guy I had to do some thinking. At first everything that came to my mind was things that I would like to do. But, I wanted Father's Day to be about {him}! So... I thought, what is one of the hubs favorite things to do that we don't always get to do? And then it hit me! He loves getting to spend the day totally at home, just playing. He also loves home cooked meals. My man does not like eating out (I know! So weird, right?)... I am going to pretend it is because his wife is such a FABULOUS cook! ;) But, I decided to spoil him with home cooked meals all day.


Breakfast was red velvet waffles with cream cheese frosting on top! For lunch we had homemade potato chips and sandwiches on fococia bread. And for dinner I combined the hubs two favorite foods- sausage and black beans! I will post the soup recipe later this week! It was delish and easy and actually super healthy!

But, I couldn't wait to post the recipe for the red velvet waffles! They were so delish and pretty! I think they would be great for Valentine's Day or even Christmas with their deep red color!


Red Velvet Waffles

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. sugar
2 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
6 Tbs. melted butter
red gel food coloring

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients my sifting into a bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add food coloring a little at a time to desired redness. Combine wet ingredients to the dry stirring until just combined. Cook in waffle iron until crispy on the outside!

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
6 Tbs. softened butter
1/2 bar of cream cheese softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbs. milk

Directions:
Put ingredients in mixer and mix until creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment