Sunday, June 5, 2011

First haircut and Sunday Letters

My youngest got his first haircut yesterday! It was a tad emotional! His crazy baby hair is the first thing people notice about him and I wasn't eager to make him look any older. But, his hair was starting to be in his eyes most of the time and it was driving his dad crazy so I decided to go for it.

Here are the before pics:


 I had no idea how Jack would do sitting still in a chair but he actually did really well! He is a mover and a shaker kind of kid but he was so distracted by everything he was able to do really well!


 Here is the finished product! (Not the best pic). He does look pretty cute. Although, when his bangs aren't pushed to the side I think he looks a lot like Spock without the pointy ears. I will see if I can get a good Spock picture!

Now time for a little Sunday Letters action! ON a Sunday! Wow! I am pretty impressed with myself!
Dear Max,
I love this picture of you! You are such a handsome boy but you do not really like having your picture taken (unless we are doing silly faces!) so most of your pics are a little awkward! Ha! But you are such a cutie! You have been asking lots and lots of questions lately. You want to know what is going on all the time. Last night you started asking your Dad lots of questions about heaven. You let him know that you were afraid there were going to be soldiers in heaven so you didn't want to go there... you let him know that you didn't want to live in heaven, you wanted to live in St. Louis. It was kind of cute. I talked to you about it a little later and let you know that there wouldn't be scary soldiers in heaven but that we would learn more about heaven and as you get older I think you will be pretty excited to go there! 
Dear Sophie,
Your girliness and sweetness is just too much sometimes! I am so thankful for my little girl. You have been pretty cute this week. Yesterday you weren't very happy about something and I was kind of ignoring you about it and you said, "Mommy! I need you to look at my sad eyes".  I think you have actually been throwing fewer tantrums lately so you have been very pleasant to be around... except for that day you missed your nap!
Dear Jack,
You of course are adorable. We let you guys swim in the little baby pool last night after church and you were by far the BIGGEST fan of it out of your siblings. You played so hard in that little pool. I am really excited to see how you do in the big pool! You might be a little water baby! Aside from the lack of sleep you are causing me (I think you are working hard on getting your first tooth so it is understandable) you are just such a fun boy to be around. 
Dear Nick,
I am enjoying this crazy adventure of raising 3 kids ages 4 and under with you! Some days I am pretty sure we are nuts but we manage to have a lot of fun and find the laughter in most of the craziness! I love this picture because it was from the winery we went to dinner at Friday night with our super fun friends. I really cherish the times when we just get to be Nick and Katie together and with friends when we spend all the rest of our time being Mom and Dad (which is great too of course). I love you, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment