Wednesday, June 8, 2011

oatmeal cookies... with CHOCOLATE!

Okay, as you probably know I have an obesession with chocolate chip cookies. Like... stranded on a dessert island you can only have one food for the rest of your life, mine would be chocolate chip cookies, obsession!

I also really like oatmeal cookies. But, oatmeal cookies usually have raisins and while I like that what I really like is chocolate! So, when I saw the recipe for these on the back of the chocolate chip bag I knew I had to make them and I am very glad I did!


Here is the recipe!


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 sticks butter
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/3 C. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
2 Tbs. milk
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips (I used a combo of regular milk chocolate and the minis)
1 C. old fashioned oats

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a seperate bowl beat butter and sugars together. Add egg.
Add flour mixture and milk alternating until both are combined.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Spoon on to cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.
Cool on wire racks.

Disclaimer: This is NO subsititute for an amazing chocolate chip cookie! But, these are a tasty treat when you want to mix it up a little! And they go FABULOUSLY with a cup of coffee first thing in the morning!

*Recipe from the bag of Toll House Milk Chocolate Chips


No comments:

Post a Comment