Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Seasons

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 (NKJV)

To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance; 


This verse has been on my heart and mind so much lately. It is so true. There really is a season for everything. Lately, I have found myself clinging to a season in life that I used to be in. Or maybe not clinging, but maybe just not realizing that I am now in a different season in life.

I am currently in a season in life I have never been in before. So many things are going on... I have three young kiddos, Max is starting preschool, we are going to a new church, one of my best friends moved away, my husband is more on fire for Jesus than he ever has been, etc. Most of these are REALLY good things, some aren't, but either way, it is all new!

I have been struggling because I keep trying to live my life the way I did in a previous season and it just hasn't been working! And I have been wondering why! Until I read this verse and God reminded me that I am in a different season and that it is the way it is supposed to be.

I am not in a season in life where I can go to playdates all the time, where I can have people over all the time, where I can go out all the time. Life is busy around our house and it is just where we are at right now.

So, I hope everyone can be patient with me while I am learning to navigate this new season. I know it is where I am supposed to be and I want to get the most out of it that I can! I am excited about what God is doing in me and in our family right now and I don't want to miss it by clinging to the way things used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment