Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meal Planning

On my list of personal strengths I would not list being naturally organized as one of them. So, in this house, although I have a VERY strong desire to meal plan, it always falls by the wayside eventually. I have done a little better since I started using this cute little printable but I still struggle.

So, I have seen a few people that use kind of a day of the week system for meal planning, so I think I might give it a try. The idea is that you think of seven "categories" and think of as many meals as you can for each one. Like: Italian, Mexican, Chicken, Breakfast for dinner, etc. Then you pick a day of the week for each category and you fill in your menu plan from that.

In my attempt to be cutsie I came up with this for our family...
Mexican Mondays
Tuesday Mornings (Breakfast for dinner)
Wild Wednesdays (New recipe or something "fancy")
Traditional Thursday (Cassroles, meatloaf, etc.)
Friday Fun (pizza night, appetizers, or something else fun)
Soup 'n Salad Saturdays
Spaghetti Sundays (anything Italian/pasta really)

I know! How dorky am I, right? :-) So, if you have any great recipes that fit these categories let me know and I would love to add them to my list! I thought it was at least worth a try! I will let you all know if I stick to it for more than a day!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! :):) You will be GREAT!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a delicious recipe that could be used for Saturday OR Sunday! Bring chicken broth/stock to a boil with a smashed garlic clove in it. Add in diced tomatoes (canned is fine--remove the liquid, though), frozen ravioli, and, lastly, some spinach. Cook the ravioli through, and serve with some bread for dunking (I like some crusty bread that's been toasted and rubbed with garlic!)

    It's such an easy supper (or lunch)!! We're having it tonight for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot basil :) I just started my soup and realized I forgot to mention that. I actually forgot I needed any, so I'm using some frozen pesto I have instead!

    ReplyDelete