Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hallellujah


This weekend was amazing. I know I say that a lot because we have a lot of fun around here. But, this weekend was truly special. My husband was baptized this weekend at our church. It was something I know I will never ever forget. It was also very special to have some of our family there with us!
Nick was baptized as a little kid but it wasn't out of a decision to follow Christ but in a "everyone else is doing it I guess I should too" kind of way. Over the past few years Nick has really grown as a follwer and believer of Jesus. He has questioned the decision on weather to be rebaptized a lot and this weekend decided to go for it.
He knew that he didn't need to be rebaptized for salvation. We believe that you do not have to be baptized at all for salvation. But, it is an act of obedience to Christ and a public way of professing your own death and resurrection in Jesus.
As his wife it has been truly increadible to watch Jesus transforming my husband. God's hand on Nick's life has been nothing short of a miracle and to get to be a part of that has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
Watching my husband be baptized was one of the most thrilling experiences of my entire life. To have watched him line his life up with Christ and then to get to see him take this step was amazing.
I am so thankful for my husband. He is an amazing leader for our family. I am thankful that he has willingly put himself under the Lordship of Christ and I see how much it is blessing him and our entire family. But, mostly I am thankful to God. He has been so faithful and the way he has transformed my husband is beyond what I ever could have asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment