Thursday, January 19, 2012

Breakfast Pizza

When I threw a baby shower last week for my friend Jenn I decided to make a breakfast pizza. The hubs liked it so much (he was able to sneak a piece when he got home) he requested it for breakfast the next morning.


Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:
One loaf of frozen bread, thawed (I love Rhodes white bread in the orange bag)
1/2 C. ricotta cheese
3 eggs
1/4 C. heavy cream
1/4-1/2 C. (each) shredded cheddar cheese and montery jack cheese
3-4 strips of cooked bacon
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, roll out dough in a pizza pan
2. Scramble eggs, let cool completely, add heavy cream to eggs
3. Put ricotta cheese on dough (like you would pizza sauce), sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top
4. Layer both cheeses on to pizza
5. Layer on scrambled egg mixture
6. Top with bacon, bake in oven for 20-26 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted

Disclaimer: I have to thank Heather for teaching me the beauty and versatility of Rhodes bread dough.
Tip: I like to put my Rhodes dough in a ziplock bag sprayed with Pam overnight in the fridge and then take it out and let it sit on the counter for a few hours before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment