Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Frumps to Pumps



I recently had the opportunity to review Sarah Mae's brand new e-book, "Frumps to Pumps: Your one-month motivational to getting dressed and staying that way!" I was mildly obsessed with her earlier e-book, "31 Days to Clean- Having a Martha House the Mary Way". I gleaned so much wisdom from that book I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

Sarah Mae was one of the first Christian mommy bloggers I started reading a few years ago and I have always loved her honest, encouraging, and God-glorifying writing. (And if you do too she is currently co-writing a book with THE Sally Clarkson!)

When I saw what this book was going to be about I immediately knew I would benefit from it. I am one of those people who is much more productive when I am dressed with make-up on, and yet most days I find myself in sweats well past noon... or past dinnertime... Yep.

I read through this book and loved Sarah Mae's practical and encouraging tips. I love that she calls this book a motivational (part devotional part motivation) because that is exactly what it is. Practical wisdom encouraging women to be the best wives, mommies, and women of God that we can be.

I would have to say my favorite thing about this book was that Sarah Mae is very clear that this should not be a legalistic endeavor and we cannot win God's favor buy wearing a cute top rather than our ratty bath robe. But, she encourages getting dressed in order to serve God and our families well and I love that. 

You can get your copy of Frumps to Pumps right here! It is just $4.99 and I think it will be money well spent.

*I received my copy for free in exchange for a review. However, the opinions expressed here are 100% mine.

Linked up at Raising Homemakers and Women Living Well.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to start this ebook today, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear what you think about it!

      Delete
  2. I always wonder what my routine would look like if I didn't run a daycare. I just can't be seen without suitable clothing and makeup on during the weekdays. Doesn't feel right. On weekends, I can be a lot like you not getting out of sweats until well after noon. I always feel a little guilty about that. My days just go better when I get up and get ready at a decent time. I want to change my weekend routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! It is easy to slack when there is "no reason" to get dressed!

      Delete