Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Worry

I am a little bit of a worrier. I tend to stress about things. This has been especially true as I have been looking into homeschool curriculum. I feel such a huge weight as I take on my children's education into my own hands. I want to make sure I am not short changing them in any way. I have been stressing a lot.

I am reading "The Duties of Parents" By J.C. Ryle right now. When I came upon this section it totally stuck with me and made me realize a lot about my worrying. Ryle writes:

"But, I also know that God says expressly, "train up a child in the way he should go," and that He never laid a command on man which He would not give man grace to perform. And I know, too, that our duty is not to stand still and dispute, but to go forward that God will meet us. The path of obedience is the way in which He gives the blessing. We have only to do as the servants were commanded at the marriage feast in Cana, to fill the water-pots with water, and we may safely leave it to the Lord to turn that water into wine."

I only have to obey. I don't need to worry and fret about the outcome. I need to seek God daily and walk in obedience. Then God will do the miracle...

1 comment: