Friday, May 18, 2012

Changing My Life and Rocking My World

More often than I care to admit when someone tells me about a book or sermon that is going to "change my life" or "rock my world" I put off reading or watching it for as long as possible.... Because, part of me is scared of my life being changed or my world being rocked. I am scared of being pushed out of my comfort zone. I am worried that once I have this new knowledge if I then don't do anything with it I will live out the rest of my days restless and unhappy. Yep. I kind of freak out.

So, when all three of my pastors posted this video on Facebook and several friends told me I really needed to watch it I put it off. And put it off some more. I wanted to watch it. But, I was nervous. The title of the sermon, given at Together for the Gospel 2012 by David Platt is, "Divine Sovereignty: The Fuel of Death-Defying Missions"... anything with the world "death" in it just seems like it could get a bit heavy...

So, last night the hubs and I decided to watch it together. My only regret after watching it was that I hadn't watched it sooner. Because while I was challenged and my world was rocked, more than anything watching this video gave me no choice but to worship... and today as I think back to the sermon my first reaction is to worship God even more.

So, if you get a chance, I encourage you to watch this video. Yes, there is much to learn in it. And yes, you will be challenged. But, you will also be moved to worship and mighty and powerful God who is worthy of it all. Friends, He is so worthy.

P.S. If you do get a chance to watch let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Is this the "T4G" I kept hearing about two or so months ago?? I couldn't figure out what it was! We'll watch it later for sure.

    ReplyDelete