Monday, June 4, 2012

Cha-cha-cha changes

Let me let you in on a little R Family history...
Nick and I started dating in October of 2004.
We got engaged February of 2005.
We got married August 2005.
We found out we were having our first baby February 2006.
We bought our first house May 2006.
Max was born October 2006.
At the end of July 2008 we moved to St. Louis.
Sophie was born in August 2008.
In May 2009 Nick got a new job.
In October 2009 we moved into our new home that we had built.
Jack was born August 2010.

The first 5 years of our marriage were a total whirlwind. Big events and changes were constant. And honestly, it was kind of fun. We learned how to live in the chaos. But, it has been almost 2 years since we have had a big life change and with no big changes on the horizon that I am aware of, I am realizing I kind of don't know what to do with myself. I don't really know how to just live when life is just... the same.

I remember thinking when life was so crazy how nice it would be to just live in the same house with Nick having the same job for several years and how nice the steadiness of it all would be. And it IS nice! It is just really hard to get used to.

I believe God has me right here right now for a reason. And I am excited to see what he has in store. But, not having big changes right now is going to take some getting used to!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo above! Here's what I meant to say - Enjoy this down time! Starting homeschool is going to be enough adventure on its own and you'll be glad major life events are at bay right now. I blogged on a similar theme awhile back... xoxox!http://justusscotts.blogspot.com/2010/09/stuff-on-my-mind.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be still and know that he is God - yep, that's one of my greatest challenges, too. Actually, I thrive on routine and stability, but in my case it's the need to be constantly moving and producing throughout the day that can get in the way of finding peace in the stillness. Ah, enjoy the journey, Katie!

    ReplyDelete