Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Goals

Here in Missouri we have had some really beautiful weather. It has been high 70's and low 80's. At first I was a little bummed because it isn't exactly the best pool weather. But, it is perfect weather for playing outside. So, we are making the most of it! 

I set two goals for myself for this summer and we will see how they go. 

#1 is to not eat fast food. I can get really lazy with meal planning in the summer because it is hot and I don't want to cook so it becomes easy to run through the drive through and grab something. But, summer is a great time to make easy and light meals, to grill out, or to pack up a picnic. And since fast food is not good for you and expensive (duh) I think this is a good time to try to drop the habit.

Goal #2 is to have the TV off during the day. I tried to go TV free back in January but we ended up getting hit with all kinds of sicknesses and I failed. Well, when we got hit with sickness last week (with Mom and Dad both being sick) we fell back into watching lots of TV. So, we need to kick the habit. And what better time then when there are so many other fun things to do? 

Do you have any goals this summer? 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I want to turn off the world and enjoy my kids before my oldest is gone to kindergarten in the fall. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete