Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer School

I am still yet to buy all of our homeschool stuff for next year. However, I thought it would probably be best to ease into it anyway and start one subject at a time. So, this summer we decided to go ahead and work on our reading. We are using Hooked on Phonics. I looked at tons of reading programs and this was one of the only ones that really seemed to start where he is at. He was already reading a little bit and a lot of the programs start at square one with learning letter sounds and I knew he would be bored. I found an older version of Hooked on Phonics on E-bay and it has been a perfect fit. Max loves it because after every few lessons he gets to read one of the little story books which makes him feel like really big stuff. I am amazed at how quickly he is learning and how much he is enjoying learning to read. He has even started asking if he can read to his little brother and sister. Melt my heart.

1 comment: