Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{Circumstances}

Lately we have had a lot of sickness in our house. And it came exactly at the time I got over the constant morning sickness (who named it that anyway? I find 24 hour a day sickness much more accurate). Life has been busy as always with church, friends, family, and various other obligations. And I am not going to lie... I have had an "in tears melt-down" pretty much every single day... two yesterday, which were both directed at my dear husband. Thankfully, he gets me and came home in the evening with a big Diet Coke...

But, it is funny, because in the midst of the crazy... In the midst of feeling completely overwhelmed most days... I have never loved motherhood more. Every single day I find myself driving in my car and looking back at my kiddos, or reading a book about firetrucks for the 20th time, or making peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and this huge smile comes across my face and I think to myself, "oh my goodness, being a mom is the best thing in the whole world." Because my daily circumstances don't change the truth.

And it reminded me of our relationship with God. Our daily circumstances don't change the truth of who He is. And it reminded me of the attitude we should have every day. In the middle of empty bank accounts, illness, and messed up marriages we can still smile and say, "God, YOU are the best thing in the whole world." We should still be praising Him.

And, I am not saying all of this because it is something I do. In fact, when things go wrong, I have to admit God is usually the last thing on my mind and I quickly try to figure out what I can do in the situation. But, God has used this truth in my life (the fact that motherhood is an amazing blessing no matter what) and reminded me of an even bigger truth... that He REALLY is THE blessing.

Our circumstances change constantly. A good day can quickly turn bad. And the other way around. But, if we can stay focused on the One who is always good. Who is always right, and true, and noble... We will know that we are always okay.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.- Psalm 73:26



Growing Home

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so true--focus on Him and the circumstances don't matter. He is the one our hearts were made for and He never changes. Beautiful truth! Visiting from www.toshowthemjesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!!!!! So true! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm tonya from WLW linkup and a new follower. Visit me at www.abundantjoy04.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete