Friday, October 12, 2012

some good reads/listens

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in today and share some good things to read/listen to that I have come across this week!

My top pick for the week is to listen to the episodes of Family Life Today that were on the radio this week. Voddie Baucham was on the show talking about his book, "What He Must Be... If He Wants to Marry My Daughter" which is a wonderful read for parents of daughters AND sons! Awesome stuff. I love how Mr. Baucham reminds us as Christian parents that we are called to raise our children differently than the rest of the world and to have Biblical standards. I have a little catching up to do myself and if you would be interested you can listen to the episodes online right here. Also, if you are looking for another good read I can't recommend enough the book "Family Driven Faith" by Voddie Baucham as well. It is one of those books I think I need to re-read at least once a year for encouragent.

I also started a new book this past week that I am really enjoying it. I am reading it as part of our chuches discipleship program. It is probably the book that I was most nervous to read because it is the topic I feel I know the least about... evangelism. But, so far this book is not intimidating and puts the information in an encouraging and readable format. The book is called, The Gospel and Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever.
The Gospel and Personal Evangelism (Ixmarks)
If evangelism is an area of your life you struggle in I would encourage you to pick this book up!

Another great read this week is a blog post I found online. I loved Sarah Mae's post, "Leaving the 99 for my 1- What I Know Now". It is a great reminder of how God pursues us and how we need to be pursuing our children when they are going trhough difficult times.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment