Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What have you Pinned for me Lately

Ahhh.... Pinterest. We were in love from the first day we met. Organizing, home decorating, recipes, cute outfits, craft ideas, and funny jokes all put together in one? You can't stop a love like that!

And Pinterest, unlike a lot of other social media habits has benefited my family and home greatly. I make a recipe from Pinterest at least once a week and decorating and party planning has become a synch. Not to mention how I can easily make up a fun homeschool lesson in under 5 minutes!

Like anything of course Pinterest can be a big time waster if you let it. But, it can also be useful. I thought I would share some of my favorite "Pins" I have tried recently and some I am looking forward to trying!

My #1 Pick- Homemade Yum Yum Hibachi Sauce
Gluesticks: Homemade Yum Yum Sauce  Hibachi salad dressing: Holy guacamole! I feel like I just ate at a Japanese steakhouse in my own home! And my two year old ate the sauce plain... so it must be good! :)
Find it on Pinterest right here. Whenever I go to a Japanese Steakhouse this sauce is my absolute favorite part. I pour it over everything and then threaten to drink it. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to give it a try. It was amazing! Exactly like the real thing (if you follow directions and use REAL mayo and let it sit overnight). It made a super simple stir fry taste like heaven on a plate!

A great tip- Miracle Carpet Stain Remover
carpet stain remover- love this! worked like a charm when red gatorade was spilled all over my carpet! Also worked a miracle on my car floor mats!
Find it on Pinterest right here. When we got our new to us mini van the floor mats had some icky stains (which we didn't realize when we bought it because the floor mats weren't in!). I saw this idea for a stain remover and it worked like a charm. They looked almost brand new! I also used this little remedy when one of my precious little cherubs knocked over a cup of red Gatorade on to my carpet. Voila! No stain!

What I had been searching for- The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast
The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast: Yep. It really is perfect. The only pot roast I have ever loved!
Find it on Pinterest right here. Pot Roast just seems like one of those all-American comfort foods that everyone loves. Well, every time I had pot roast it was dry and flavorless... someone pass the pb and j. I had to find out what all of the fuss was about. So, I went on a quest to find an amazing pot roast recipe. I tried a few with little success. When I saw this baby on Pinterest I thought I might have found something special.... and boy was I right! The Pioneer Woman, how can you go wrong?

To try SOON- Lazy Day Casserole
Lazy Day Casserole--sausage, potatoes, carrots, peppers, onions, herbs........comfort food for sure!
Find it on Pinterest right here. The description on this one says it is full of sausage, potatoes, and roasted veggies... yumm-o! You can't get more fall than that. And I am a sucker for an easy one dish meal! I hope to try this one very soon.

An easy crock pot meal to try- Crockpot Spicy Cashew Chicken
Crock pot spicy cashew chicken, similar to cheesecake factory,
Find it on Pinterest right here. I saw this one on Pinterest the other day and it seems like a perfect marriage of three things I love- crockpot meals, Asian inspired food, and a restaurant copycat. I can't wait to give this baby a whirl!

To make soon- DIY Mason Jar to-go cup
DIY : Mason Jar To-Go Cup - Fine and Feathered another more refined looking to go cup.  #diy #balljar #upcycle
Find it on Pinterest right here. I am a sucker for to-go mugs... just ask the hubs... he gets knocked on the head every once in awhile when they fall out of the cabinet because I can barely contain my collection on the shelf... love you, Babe! And this homemade version is just too cute! I hope to have one of these on my shelf very soon... how 'bout a helmet for Christmas, Honey?

And you can find me on Pinterest right here!

I am linking up today over at

No comments:

Post a Comment