Friday, November 16, 2012

month of {gratitude} day 16

Today I am thankful that my husband is coming home! And I am so thankful to God for getting me through this week so faithfully. I really was dreading it. But, it really wasn't too bad and the week went by super fast.

A week ago I heard a sermon on the radio about praying the Lord's prayer and asking God daily to meet our daily needs. It was such a good reminder. I think I tend to pray for patience (and I want it eternally!) or for things in the future. But, I was really inspired to start praying God to meet my daily needs that very day. So, this week while Nick was away everyday I prayed that God would meet my needs that day by giving me the kindness, patience, wisdom, and energy I needed to get through just THAT day! He delivered and I am so thankful. He is so faithful and this week has shown me how much we need to be depending on Him every single day.

P.S. I forgot to include this link in my post earlier today so I thought I would just include it here. Jamie Martin over at Simple Homeschool wrote a post about how she is using teaching her children to bake in her homeschool. In the post she talks about creating a binder for each kids with "adult skills" such as cooking, baking, cleaning, etc. and as the kiddos learn new skills it is added to their binder. I LOVE this idea so much! Check out Teaching Kids to Bake here to read the whole post!

No comments:

Post a Comment