Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Reads Today

I wanted to get on here and write my own witty or inspirational post today... But, there is so much good stuff out there on the blogosphere today that I spend most of my "blogging time" reading what others were writing. And it was worth my time. So, I thought I would just pass along the goodness...

The Inestimable Value of a Wise Mother by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy
This post was exactly what I needed to hear today. I feel like God has been putting it on my heart this season to say "no" to most activities outside of the home. I know it is the right thing to do but I have still been feeling the constant tug of wondering if I am hurting my kids by not having them in dance and karate, by not doing Classical Conversations, etc. This post was so sweet and reminded me of what my children really need. I am so thankful for Sally Clarkson and her willingness to truly step up and be a Titus 2 woman!

I've Been Ruined by Courtney at Women Living Well.
Courtney's blog has been one of my favorites for years. But, this post might be my favorite she has ever written. It really spoke to my heart today. Courtney writes about how, after experiencing Jesus, we can be ruined in enjoying a lot of what this world has to offer. I can really relate to this at times and it was so wonderful to have someone put into words so much of what I am feeling. And she left me desiring to be continually "ruined". I love it.

Beth Moore is doing another year of Scripture Memory on the Living Proof Blog.
She challenges women to memorize 2 Bible passages a month. I tried a few years ago and failed miserably. But, I have decided I want to give it another go this year. Memorizing scripture is one of those things that is so, so difficult for me. But, in the past few years I have been so incredibly blessed by the few scriptures that I do have memorized. It is amazing to be able to quote scripture to myself when I am believing a lie or having a hard day. It is also incredible to actually be able to use the Word of God when I am sharing my faith or answering a question for someone. So, I am joining in on the challenge.

My verses for January are (from the ESV);
James 4:17, "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."
and
John 15:4, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me."

I decided to start small with some shorter verses!

I hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment