Friday, March 15, 2013

Siblings

Photo: You might be thinking... Does she just take pictures of her baby all day long?... And the answer to that would be yes, yes I do.
I can't believe this sweet little man will be 4 weeks old on Monday. Time is flying by... please make it stop. Even though the newborn days can be taxing I absolutely love them. This little mister is pretty unpredictable. He has days where he is happy and content and days where he has to be held 24/7 or there will be some serious screaming. One night he slept almost 6 hours straight... most nights he is up about every 2 hours. But, seriously, I love these days even though I am tired.

I got this picture this morning and pretty much cried as soon as I took it! I am so blessed!
Photo: Blessed.
Why God would choose Nick and I to raise these four is more than I can take in. I only have one word for it, GRACE! These four were so cute this morning because this wasn't even staged. I had been changing Sam on the blanket and asked Sophie if she wanted to sit by him while I threw his diaper away and washed my hands... I came back to this...{heart melted}

It was such a beautiful reminder of something that I truly believe; giving your children siblings is one of the greatest blessings you can give then. I believe that raising kids in a home centered on the gospel of Jesus is the greatest gift you can give them. The second is having a good marriage and making your spouse your first priority after God. And third is siblings! My kids definitely fight... a lot some days. But, they love each other fiercely too. To watch them love each other and play with each other everyday is amazing. And I just plead with God that they will always be close.


1 comment:

  1. This post makes me even more exited to bring our 2nd baby into this world, only 10 more weeks! Logan is already very interested in the baby and I know he will be such a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete