Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Recap 2013

I think yesterday was the best Halloween our little family has had to date. It started off rough... I have a 3 year old boy, need I say more? (I have found terrible 2's to be a myth but the terrible 3's can really rear its ugly head around here!) But, after that initial rough patch it was the perfect day.

We started off the day meeting some friends from our church to visit the nursing home. We try to go every month and the kiddos have always enjoyed it. Today the plan was to just let the kids show off their costumes to the residents. I was just so proud of my kids. They are already so good at just loving people (better than I am). They smiled and showed off their costumes and said "Happy Halloween" even when people couldn't talk back to them. It was such a sweet time.




After lunch we made some little ghost cookies for dessert and then we painted pumpkins. We didn't get around to carving this year so we decided to just paint. It was fun. Although, I think we will try to carve next year. I missed the squeals getting out the pumpkin guts... and I really missed roasting the seeds!







Our friends were supposed to come over and spend Halloween with us but they ended up being sick so they couldn't come. So, my parents came over instead. I made chicken noodle soup and cornbread. We ate and then went trick or treating.
We ended up with 2 ninjas, Snow White, and a dinosaur

Soph was so excited to be Snow White this year. Nick's mom made this costume for his older sister when she was little! Both of his sisters wore it and now Sophie got to! And it is still in amazing shape! It was sweet.

My ninja.

Jack was supposed to be Dusty from Planes but when he saw Max being a ninja he was over it. My sweet neighbor heard about it and brought over one of their ninja costumes for him to borrow. He was always in character!

And a little dino! Nick's mom got this outfit for Jack when he was a baby and so we were thankful to get to use it again!

The weather was icky so after a few houses the kiddos were ready to head back home... especially since they heard there was hot chocolate back at home! They drank their hot chocolate and sorted candy and then we snuggled up on the couch and watched Monsters University while passing out candy.
Sam had fun riding around in the stroller!

Jack especially loved helping to pass out the candy... although he was a little stingy and only wanted to give people one piece. My mom said he takes after his grandpa, ha!

It was a great family day and I am thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment