Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Morning Coffee Chat

Good morning! It is Friday morning and magically all of my kiddos are still sleeping soundly in their beds.  So this is my current view...
My kids have been up super late these days. Last night we got home late from my parents house. They watched our four so the hubs and I could go out to dinner since last night was our 10 year anniversary.

I thought it would be fun to pop on her and do a little "coffee chat" and basically tell you everything I probably would if we were sitting here together drinking a cup of coffee. 

  • So, let's start there... yep, 10 years. It's definitely one of those things where I feel like we have been married forever and like it was just yesterday. We went to a steak and seafood restaurant for dinner (Bristols for my local peeps). And then of course we ran to Target. That is just what we always end up doing on a date. 
  • My sister, brother-in-law and adorable nephew are coming into town this weekend to celebrate summer birthdays and we are so excited. My kids are basically obsessed with their little cousin and it basically melts my heart.
  • We haven't nailed down our first day of school yet. We were planning to start the 25th but there is a small chance we might be able to go to Branson for a little trip that week so if that happens we will start the 31st. (One of my favorite parts of homeschooling is definitely the flexibility!)
  • Before I start homeschooling I have got to get my homeschool room cleaned up. I was able to paint and "re-vamp" our homeschool room over the summer and it looks really cute. But, when I got all of our new materials for this year I put them all on my shelves but now all of my old stuff is scattered everywhere! So, some organization needs to happen!
  • We have a park playdate today with homeschool friends that I am looking forward to. (Confession: I planned and announced these park playdates in our homeschool group before summer started and have ended up having to miss several. So today we will BE THERE.)
  • Speaking of events I have planned... I have been hosting a monthly book study in my home going through my all time favorite homeschooling book "Educating the Wholehearted Child" by Clay and Sally Clarkson. We are having our third meeting at my house on Monday evening. It has been so good to chat about this book with other moms. And somehow the Lord put together this awesome group of homeschool moms... Some with several kids, some with one, some new to homeschooling, some veterans of many years, and moms from all different homeschool styles. It is such a blessing!
  • We have had a really great summer but I am a little excited for fall because I love the routine, cardigans, and everything pumpkin!
All right, well I am starting to hear some stirring upstairs. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment